Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 10 -- Letter

Family,

Ya I tried to Email as many as I could, but I only have about an hour and a half. No Mondays are fun! We do something new every week. Usually with Emmanuel (Mission Leader). I dont want to risk anything getting stolen, so just money will be fine. I want to but a hammock. I cant believe Trevor is home! That is not good! I know how it is, half the roads here are like that. I hope Brody gets well! 

Weekly Letter, 

I cant believe Kaden got a Deer! That is so awesome!!! I am so happy for him! The food here is great. I really didnt like any of it the first few weeks, but it has really grown on me because now I love it!!! There is alot of soup here! And its bad because it is really hot outside and then when we go to eat they slap down a huge bowl of flamming hot soup, and then like hot chocolate. But all is well I really like it. Im so excited for Halloween! Me and Emmanuel are going to exchange presents! Down here they dont have halloween, its just for us and him jeje. They do have Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) the first and second days of november. They have this stuff called Pan de los Muertos (Bread of the Dead) It is unreal!! The bread here is awesome. I definately got sent to the right place. It is rolls with a sugar like stuff on top and then you dunk it in hot chocolate!! :) I cant wait to make this food for yall when I get home. By the way. The Rollups are a hit in mexico!
Now more about my week. It was a different week. We didnt get the chance to procylite much becasue wednesday night flooded again, but this time it entered our house! And this isnt normal water. It is the river water, which all the drains and sewer dump into the river, entonces we had poo in our house. So we woke up at 2:30 packed up our stuff again and put it in ourt neighbors house, good thing they have 2 levels. So, wednesday was spent cleaning our house. It took all day. The water was up to my waste!!! We did take a break and go to an activity at the church though. We played soccer with all the youth, but no one showed up because of the flooding. So, we ended up throwing dead coconuts at a tree with new coconuts, waiting for them to fall cut them open with a machete and then drinking the water. It is really good for you, and also tastes pretty good. I love all the fruit here. There is nothing like walking down the street and seeing and bannana tree, then just take some fruit and eating it. ;) But back to the story. Then we went home and cleaned some more. Finally it was time for bed. We got ready for bed but the river was still really high. Then it started to rain really hard again. The police Drove by with their lights on which means it is time to pack up again. So we slept at the house of Emmanuel. But that night our house never flooded so that is a good thing. :). After all this we were greatly blessed. Even though we had not hit our goals and our numbers were really low, we had the highest assistencia at church!! We had 3 of the less active families show up (that we had been teaching that week) and a bunch of investigators. We are doing some good work in this area!! The transfers are in 2 weeks and I am nervous because I dont want to leave here.
Pero, all is well here! I am glad to hear about the things back home. I love you all very much!

Con Cariño, 
Èlder Parduhn

No comments:

Post a Comment