Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week 21 (1/13/2014)

Familia,

Wow alot did happen this week. Ahh I wish is was there to see her talk!! haha alot of good things happened this week. It crazy how many people are leaving on their missions!! Is there anyone left at home?? haha. 

We had another great week. Elder Restrepo is like my best friend, I hate that I only get 1 transfer with him. He invited me to visit him in Columbia. I might have to hit that up with Brennan or something. We had another wonderful week. We have been told that we need to teach 40-60 lessons each week. So E. Restrepo and I worked really hard this week! We ended up with about 36. We will beat it this week!  This week was a harder week because alot of the people here are still on vacation. We did find a few new investigators this week. We found these two, Norma and Sofia. Norma is the mom and Sofia is her daughter. They are special we have been teaching them this week. We watched The Testaments with them last night then bore testimony, it ended up being such a powerful lesson!! I hope they make the decision to be baptized.

 This week was Dia de los Reyes. Day of the Kings. Ohh it was great. They have this food and it is called Rosca de Reyes, it is like a big loaf of bread it the shape of a huge oval doughnut. Look it up in google. And in the middle, cooked into the bread, there are little plastic dolls of baby Jesus. haha. We had an activity this week in the church and so Wednesday night we went to Emmanuels house to make 2 of these. Ohh they were so delicious! We filled them with cream cheese and fruit.oooohhh soo good! I would like to let you know that I am saving recipes to make when I get home. Speaking of recipes, because Emmanuel likes to make stuff  I suggested that we make banana bread! So we did! It was the first time that they have ever tried it. Also this week we had zone class so again we traveled to Coatzacoalcos. It went really good. It was a pretty normal week. But it was special because my teaching has been getting alot better! I have been really trying to become better.  It actually turned out to be a great week.

Well I got to go. Love you all so much!! Talk to you next week!!


Love E. Parduhn

No comments:

Post a Comment