Thursday, January 2, 2014

Week 19 (12/30/2013)


 MERRY CHRISTMAS from MEXICO!!!

Well first off it was so awesome getting the chance to talk to you this week! It makes me miss home a little bit, but all is well. This week was really a calm week. Because of christmas we really didn't find many people to teach. So we ended up just doing alot of walking haha. It has been raining all week! It feels so good right now! I am honestly scared for the hot time of the year. Ohh my gosh we had something happen to us this week. We set a family home evening with this family, the family Rodriguez, we expected it to be just their family so we really didnt plan to much, just a little activity and a story. We didnt know this, but apparently she had invited her other 3 daughters and they brought their boyfriends so we ended up having about 12 people in that family home evening! We got so scared right before it happened! All went well though we acctually did a very good job. That was really the only thing special this week. We no we acctually went to a baptism in the other ward. It was so special, you could tell that she had been waiting for this moment for a long time. She and her 2 kids were baptized. I wish I knew more about her story because she was a very special baptism.
Yes new years is this week and I am so excited! They tell me that it is really crazy down here at this time of year. One of the things that they do, that I am really excited to see, is make a straw dolls in the appearence of a old person and then they fill the thing full of fireworks and then burn it in the middle of the street. I am so excited to see that. I will try to get a video of it so I can show you.
It was so wonderful to talk to you guys this week!! Sorry for the short letter! I love you all a ton!!!

Elder Parduhn

Christmas Jammies!!

BEFORE!!

AFTER!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment